2K and Firaxis Games have marked the 25th anniversary of the Civilization series by announcing that Sid Meier’s Civilization VI will be released later this year. The latest instalment of the popular world building series will be available for PC from October 21, and 2K will be showing the new features of in their booth at E3 next month.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI will offer players new ways to interact with their world, expand their empire across the map, advance their culture and compete against history’s greatest leaders to build a civilization that could stand the test of time.
Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K, spoke proudly of the series’ heritage at the announcement in an announcement earlier today:
Sid Meier’s Civilization games hold a reputation for defining the 4X gaming genre for the past 25 years. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the silver anniversary of our longest-running franchise than launching the eagerly anticipated Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, which will provide the most detailed, beautiful and complete experience ever featured in a Civilization game.
The major features of Sid Meier’s Civilization VI will include:
· EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain;
· ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization’s progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures;
· DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations;
· COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the “one unit per tile” design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful “Corps” units;
· ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session;
· A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory .
The series’ 25th anniversary year will be celebrated in style when Sid Meier’s Civilization VI arrives on October 21.
Source: 2K Games