Take heed, Guardians: Bungie has detailed the timed PlayStation-exclusive content that Destiny players can expect when The Dark Below expansion makes its bow early next week.
Following up on the recently-released patch notes from earlier today — which will fine-tune armaments and eradicate bugs in preparation for the DLC — the studio confirmed that the platform-specific extras will only be available on Sony’s platforms until fall 2015. That additional content in question will be toplined by a new Strike mission that will take PlayStation players to Mars to face The Undying Mind, wherein they will be able to uncover an exotic shotgun known as The 4th Horsemen.
Here’s a detailed rundown of the additional content, courtesy of PlayStation Blog.
- New story missions that pit you against a Hive god
- New weapons, armour, and gear to further customise your Guardian
- The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots
- Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron
- New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome
- An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission
- And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark
Arriving on December 9th across all platforms, The Dark Below will be available as a standalone expansion for $19.99 (£19.99), though players who purchase the game’s season pass — priced at $34.99 (£34.99) — can download December’s add-on immediately and look forward to picking up Destiny‘s sophomore expansion, House of Wolves, when it arrives in the early stages of 2015.
Tell us, are you looking forward to jumping into Bungie’s shared-world shooter for another space-faring adventure? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.