The second of Dark Souls III‘s two DLC packs won’t launch until 2017, series creator and director Hidetaka Miyazaki has told Taiwanese website GNN. According to the translated interview (via VideoGamer), Miyazaki explains that both DLC add-ons will have a substantial amount of content included in them, the first of which is scheduled to release later this year.
No specific details on either DLC have been revealed just yet, but publisher Namco Bandai has stated previously that each one will include new additions to almost every facet of existing gameplay, including new areas, bosses and weapons. Considering the base game has only been available for a little over two weeks in the West, we imagine From Software won’t start promoting the first DLC for a while just yet. We’ll probably get our first look at this year’s E3 event in June.
Besides, From Software is still squarely focused on patching and improving what we already have. Patch 1.04 for the game has been announced by the studio, and while there’s currently no release date for all the changes and fixes, they have released the full patch notes.
See below for the full translated list (thanks Reddit).
- Fixed a bug where you might not get items properly while accessing a covenant when a player joins your game.
- Some NPCs questline events have been made easier to trigger.
- Made the requirement for joining the Rosaria’s Fingers less strict.
- Fixed a bug when teleporting to Untended Graves.
- Amended an issue where kicks were being parried.
- Fixed a bug where Crystal Sage would not re-appear after warping in.
- Fixed a bug where Dragonslayer Armour would die on its own before you fight.
- Fixed a bug where Knight Slayer Tsorig would continue to gesture.
- Fixed a bug where Siegward would fail to save Greirat even though the conditions have been met.
- Fixed a bug where, when wearing a ring that increases Max HP, the change would not be reflected in some menus.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would show (or not show) according to the settings.
- Fixed a bug where the voice chat icon would continue to display when HUD display is set to AUTO.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where you can’t access the functions Quit Game, access bonfire, or use online play items when failing to connect to an online session.
- (Xbox One) Fixed a bug where the game would crash to the title screen when you fail to connect to an online session.
- Fine tuned various other things, fine tune performance, and corrected various bugs.
What sorts of things are you hoping to see in the future Dark Souls III DLC? The lore this time around leaves a lot of room for new areas mentioned, but not included in the base game. Could we be headed to Londor? Only time will tell.