I don’t know if you’ve heard, but Dark Souls is hard. It’s really freakin’ hard. A patch has been released to clean some things up but purists and die-hard fans will be happy to know that the game is still hard.
Eurogamer has a translated list of the changes the patch addresses. Have a look:
- Pyro Glove nerfed from 270 to 230.
- You can see resonance signs now.
- Vow of Silence range increased.
- Sorcery spell damage as a whole was slightly buffed, but Homing Soul Mass and other pursuit style spells were nerfed.
- Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds.
- Strong Magic Shield duration lowered to ~11 seconds. Invincibility removed. Effect on Stamina drastically reduced.
- Tranquil Walk of Peace and other Slow duration reduced to ~10 secs. Effect supposedly changed from 100% encumberance to 50%. Rolling possible if your equip burden is lowered. Slowness is similar to swamp effect.
- Iron Flesh effectiveness nerfed.
- Invisible Body duration remains unchanged.
- Base Equipment Burden increased (~6-10 points)
- Humanity Item drop rate increased from 10 to 210
- Medium roll recovery faster? (unclear and unconfirmed)
- Defensive bonuses gained via Humanity reduced. Other defensive bonuses remain unchanged.
- Item discovery gained via Humanity improved. Capped at 20.
Equipment General Changes:
- Reported some weapon scaling gets improved at higher normal upgrades (+15 uchi dex scaling goes to A)
- Some scaling reported as changing from A to S with higher upgrades
- Normal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +14).
- Crystal scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +4).
- Lightning +4 nerfed by 2% (+5 remains unchanged).
- Raw scaling buffed by 10% (all levels).
- Magic stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Enchanted stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Divine stat scaling buffed by 10-20% (20% at +9).
- Occult stat scaling buffed by 15-20% (20% at +4).
- Fire +9 nerfed by 2%. (+5 remains unchanged)
- Dragon stat scaling buffed by 5-20% (20% at +5).
Specific Gear Changes:
- Grant scaling changed to Strength:B and Faith:A
- Gold-hemmed nerfed, still can’t be upgraded.
- Dust skirt nerfed hard (streamlined to match the other pieces).
- Silver Knights, Sun, Hollow Soldier’s Shield and other medium shield stability nerfed to ~70 at max upgrades to improve Great Shield viability.
- Crystal Ring Shield scaling drastically nerfed. Does around ~200 +-50
- Dragon Greatsword buffed from 360 to 390.
- Silver Knight’s Sword lightning effect removed. Now enchantable.
- Elite Knight gear nerfed, then buffed slightly in 1.05
- Lock-on acquisition range increased.
- Lock-on changing/switching got easier (more responsive).
- Ring of Fog users can now be locked on.
- Overall increase in souls gained (~2-2.5 times more)
- Damage reduced on some mobs?
- HP lowered on some mobs?
- Reduced acquisition range on normal enemies.
- Supposedly reduced poise on some enemies.
- Bosses drop Humanity and Homeward Bones
- Ghosts and Skeletons give souls now.
- Twinkling Titanite drop rate improved.
- Pyromancers in Catacombs drop Skull Lanterns.
- Darkwraiths in New Londo drop Dark Hand.
- You can see resonance signs.
- Some invasion restrictions possibly changed? Darkwraith upperlimit confirmed as unchanged.
- 1.05: Summon restrictions improved slightly again.
- Amount of souls the Master of the game gains changed.
- Cracked Eye Orbs no longer get consumed on failure. Confirmed
- You can hit Select to rate messages.
- 1.05: Fixed 1.04 bug where summon signs were invisible.
- Covenant Material drop rate improved.
- Lowered requirements for Sunbro covenenant (requirements moved from 50 to 25. 3/4 assists should do the trick)
- Official Guide nerfed.
- Forest Hunter NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Dark Anor Londo NPC farming remains unchanged.
- Kiln Skip Glitch still works in 1.05
Merchant stock updates:
- Male Undead Merchant: Also sells bottomless box
- Female Undead Merchant: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Andrei: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts
- Domnhal of Xena: Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Master Key (5000)
- Giant Blacksmith (Fapsmith): Sells Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Titanite Shards, Large Tit Shards, Twinkling (8000 per, inf amount), Green Shards, Repair box, upgrade boxes
- Vamos: Arrows / Crossbolts, Small Tit, Large tit, Repair box / upgrade boxes
- Inglwood: Sells Transient Curses
- Fixed some freeze issues
- Lvl up screen displays souls needed properly now
- Dragon-head glitch, snuggly, and magic shield glitches fixed.
- Fixed a bug where your inputs come out 1 second later.
- Fixed a bug where the second solaire event wont progress.
- Fixed a bug where feeding frampt a titanite stone then going over 99 resulted in having zero.
- Fixed some specific map areas where you’d get stuck or be unable to progress.
- Changed some english subtitles on the overseas port.