Battlefield 1 will write its name in the history books for enjoying the “biggest launch” in DICE’s history, based on the number of daily active users.
That’s according to a new post from the studio itself (via PSLS), which pulled data from the shooter’s first 10 days on the market spanning October 18-27. DICE stopped short of disclosing official sales figures so soon, but today’s revelation puts Battlefield 1 comfortably ahead of Star Wars Battlefront, Mirror’s Edge Catalyst and even Battlefield 4 when it comes to active users at launch. No mean feat, considering how popular the latter was on day-one.
In tandem with the post, the developer posted a detailed overview of in-game statistics, which reveal everything from the total number of hours logged into the shooter’s multiplayer component to which vehicle players have called upon the most.
- 59 million hours of gameplay
- 9 million hours spent in Operations
- 32 million Battlepacks earned
- 1.6 million Behemoths deployed
- The Scout Knife racked up the most melee kills
- Flame Troopers, Anti-Vehicle, and Sentries took out 123,084 horses
- Conquer Hell was the most popular Operation
- 842,426 pigeons were sent in War Pigeons mode
- There’s an average of two weather changes per multiplayer game
- Roadkills per vehicle type: Horse at 5.8 million, Tanks at 5.5 million, Ground at 1.67 million, Plane at 330,500
Battlefield 1 touched down late last month for PS4, Xbox One and PC. It’s the finest entry in DICE’s franchise to date, according to our glowing review, and early adopters can look forward to the arrival of the free Giant’s Map DLC releasing some time next month.