Not really much of a surprise here as we all knew that these would be coming but the official details for the Gears of War 3 Epic and Limited editions have been revealed. The Limited Edition will run you $79.99 while the Epic Edition comes in at a whopping $149.99. You can look at what they include below and determine for yourself if they’re worth it.
- Octus Award Box and a to-scale zinc Octus Service Medal.
- Exclusive Adam Fenix multiplayer character. The code for the download is engraved on the service medal.
- A fabric COG flag.
- Adam Fenix’s personal effects — his “Last Will & Testament”, Hammer of Dawn schematics, and Fenix family mementos.
- Marcus Fenix status — PVC. 11.2″
- Art and Design of Gears of War book
- Infected Open Weapon Pack — special skins for Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Gnasher, Sawed-off Shotgun.
- Everything from the Limited Edition — Award Box, Medal, COG Flag, Adam Fenix, Adam Fenix’s personal effects.
For me personally, these special editions of games are rarely worth it. I used to buy them, but I realize now that very often they’re just money grabs. I remember buying the Halo 3: Legendary Edition for $149.99 only to see it a few months later on Amazon for $69.99. I guess if you’re a collector or a huge fan of the game it could be worth the money but for me, I’ll stick with just the normal edition. Plus, whenever I finish a game I trade it in anyways so it’s not worth it to pay $150 for a game only to trade it in a month or two later.
What do you think?