Following the critical acclaim of their original release in May 2015, Bandai Namco and Slightly Mad Studios have confirmed Project Cars is getting a Game of the Year edition. The announcement comes with a trailer for the new version, but while its footage is lacking in new content it’s certainly not lacking any drama.
Scored by an operatic overture worthy of an epic fantasy movie, the trailer takes a simple tour around some of the most aesthetically pleasing automobiles that Project Cars has to offer. It looks great – as did the original game – but it’s a strange tease since virtually nothing new is confirmed in the trailer itself.
What we do know, however, is that Project Cars Game of the Year Edition will feature new the following new content:
- An additional 50+ cars (125 total)
- 4 tracks (35 unique locations, 100+ layouts total)
- 60+ community-created liveries
- 500+ features and improvements that have been added since launch
In addition, the Game Of The Year Edition will feature two distinctive and exclusive items:
- The iconic Nürburgring Combined Nordschleife+ GP circuit
- 2 exclusive vehicles to Project CARS from Pagani Automobili, both unveiled today at this year’s Geneva Motor Show – the Zonda Revolucion, and Huayra BC
No definite release date has been confirmed for this Game of the Year edition, but Bandai Namco have stated that their latest Project Cars release can be expected sometime this Spring.
Source: Bandai Namco