Today, Call Of Duty: Black Ops developers, Treyarch have pushed out the latest patch for their game. 1.05 for the PS3 version was hastily made to deal with the original issues with the multiplayer before 1.04 came out, and to amend the new problems 1.04 actually brought into the game. So yes, Treyarch have quite literally patched the patch (amongst other things) and because it is just for the one console, they’ve done it in record time.
Hopefully this will calm the PS3 community down and improve the online experience for players from here on in. I’ve successfully played 4 or 5 games since, in a large party without any problems, so this could be the trick we were waiting for.
Full patch details below:
- Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
- Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
- Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
- Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
- Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
- Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
See you online then?