After months of speculation, a press conference featuring Daniel Craig and other James Bond 23 stars finally put the rumors to rest; the film will officially be titled Skyfall. Co-stars Judi Dench, Naomi Watts, and Javier Bardem were in attendance at the conference, letting more than a few details slip.
Courtesy of ScreenRant, here are the newly revealed facts about Skyfall:
- Skyfall will be shot on location in London (largely in the Whitehall area) as well as Shanghai in China, Istanbul in Turkey, and Scotland.
- Javier Bardem is in fact (as he previously indicated) the primary antagonist of the film.
- The film is reportedly not related to any previously-published Ian Fleming novel.
- Ben Whishaw, Albert Finney, and Ralph Fiennes are all confirmed to have roles in the movie.
- Marlohe will portray a “glamorous enigmatic” character named Severine.
- Harris will actually be playing a field agent named Eve and NOT classic Bond gal Moneypenny, as was previously rumored.
- The title “has some emotional context which will be revealed in the film.”
- Skyfall will be a standalone story and Quantum will not figure into the plot
- Mendes says there will be plenty of action and big set pieces in the movie, mentioning that “the action needs to co-exist with the drama. That’s the balance we have to strike.”
I’m not a huge James Bond fan, but I’ve enjoyed the Daniel Craig-starring films and will definitely be seeing Skyfall. Also – there’s no way I’d skip any film with Ralph Fiennes in it. So as of now, I’m on board for this one.
What do you think? Are you getting excited for Bond 23, aka, Skyfall?