BioWare has announced on their official blog that a new patch for their latest in the hugely successful Dragon Age series, Dragon Age: Inquisition will be receiving a patch today. The patch is being released for all platforms except the Xbox One.
According to producer Scylla Costa, the new update will focus on the game’s stability. Here’s what the patch will fix:
- Stability – Various crashes, freezes, audio/voice glitches, and many stability improvements.
- Gameplay – Conversations, quests, plot states, combat, UI, camera, controls, follower/enemy AI and path finding, exploits, radar, and search.
- Multiplayer – In addition to some of the gameplay improvements listed above, multiplayer fixes also cover areas such as animations, game mode bugs, stat reporting, and stability/crash fixes.
- PC – Numerous control & UI fixes, fixes to some hitching, improved Mantle performance, graphical glitches.
Gameplay will also be another focus in a third Dragon Age patch, according to the blog post, which will focus on the following:
- Keyboard & Mouse controls: Patch 2 includes the first range of fixes towards addressing the feedback we’ve received on the PC controls; it cleans things up so you’ll see fewer problems with the current layout. This gives us a more stable base upon which to work. After Patch 2 goes out, our next priority is to improve the PC mouse/keyboard controls further. We’re investigating how to expand on PC usability and functionality to address specific requests from the community.
- Some people have reported problems with party banter firing. To find out more about how the Banter System works please go here. We have also identified that in some edge scenarios, banter isn’t firing as often as we’d like, so we’ll be increasing the percentage chance of it happening. This increase will come after Patch 2.
As well as this, Costa says the studio will be adding new features to the game:
We’ll be creating…new features and content and adding them into your game over time because we love our DAI players. Multiplayer will also be receiving regular content updates.
Dragon Age: Inquisition was launched in November 2014 on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Have you picked it up yet? Let us know in the comments section below.