The new narrative revolves around an ongoing war between the Prisoner, the Ice King and some pirates, while Season 8 has also introduced cannons (that you can apparently fire yourself out of) and a volcano area that completely changes the northeast corner of the map, adding new areas like Sunny Steps and Lazy Lagoon.
Also new are a whole bunch of challenges, which were clearly built with the idea of getting players to explore and interact with all the new features in mind. And though none of them are terribly difficult to knock out, we’ve now got a pretty handy cheat sheet (in the gallery below) in case you’re having trouble. But first, let’s take a look a what exactly the new challenges are, shall we?
- Visit all Pirate Camps (7)
- Search Chests at Retail Row or Junk Junction (7)
- Stage 1 of 3 – Deal damage with a shotgun and an explosive weapon in a single match (2)
BATTLE PASS CHALLENGES
- Visit a giant face in the desert, the jungle, and the snow (3)
- Use a Volcano Vent in different matches (5)
- Get an elimination with a Shotgun, Assault Rifle, and Explosive weapon (3)
- Deal Damage to a vehicle driven by an opponent (200)
MORE FROM THE WEB
By this point, it’s likely that many of you have already crossed off a handful of these challenges, and it’s safe to say that Season 8 is off to a smashing start so far. That’s a good thing, too, as Fortnite had a super slow January that saw revenue across all platforms drop 48 percent when compared to the month before. Then again, this is also the first time that Epic’s smash hit will be squaring off against Apex Legends, Respawn Entertainment’s popular battle royale title that’s taken the world by storm.
What do you think of all the new updates, though? Are you enjoying the changes Epic’s made for Fortnite Season 8? As always, you can leave your thoughts in the comments section down below.