Last week we got word that all the downloadable content for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim would launch for the PlayStation 3 sometime this month. Today Bethesda re-confirmed that good news, and provided a complete schedule as to when PS3 gamers can expect the DLC to become available on the PlayStation Network.
In North America, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim DLC will be released over the PSN on the following dates:
- Dragonborn (releases Tuesday, February 12th) – Players travel to the island of Solstheim off the coast of Morrowind. There they will find new towns, dungeons, and quests, as they embark on a quest to become the Ultimate Dragonborn. Additionally, players will also discover new powers/weapons and eventually gain the ability to tame dragons.
- Hearthfire (releases Tuesday, February 19th) – Players gain the ability to purchase land where they can then design and build their own home. Once they have outfitted their own personal manor they can use the add-on’s adoption system to take in their own orphans and start a family.
- Dawnguard (releases Tuesday, February 26th) – Players choose between fighting against the Vampire Lord Harkon or joining him on his quest to use the Elder Scrolls to destroy the sun. The downloadable pack adds new locations, creatures, weapons, spells, and armor to the game. Additionally, players can choose to become a Vampire Lord or use the new Werewolf perk system.
To make up for the extremely late arrival of the Skyrim DLC on the PlayStation 3, Bethesda restated that all three add-ons will be marked down by 50% during their first week of release.
Bethesda also confirmed that all three packs and the 1.8 title update cleared certification with Sony Computer Entertainment this week, however, they are still “working with Sony Europe to finalize certification for other territories”. We will update this post as soon as the publisher announces a European release date for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim downloadable content.[Update] Bethesda has announced the following release dates for Europe:
- Dragonborn releases Wednesday, February 13
- Hearthfire releases Wednesday, February 20
- Dawnguard releases Wednesday, February 27
The DLC for the French, Italian, German, and Spanish versions of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim have not yet been announced.
Source: Bethesda Blog