When it comes to modern anime, few series can compete with Attack on Titan’s reign over the genre. The series, which began in 2013, follows humanity’s hold-out against a species of enormous man-eating Titans.
Attack on Titan is currently on a break before airing the last half of its final season. This gives fans plenty of time to catch up on anything they may have missed. If you’re interested in watching the full anime before it concludes this winter, here’s the best watch order for Attack on Titan, from the first season to now.
The best Attack on Titan watch order
Since Attack on Titan’s first airing in 2013, there have been three complete seasons of the show. Season four’s first half just finished airing in the spring, with its second part finishing airing in April 2022 and a third expected to conclude the show in 2023.
On top of this, while there is yet to be a movie set in the universe, there have been multiple Original Video Animations, or OVAs, that bridge the story between seasons. However, for some, their canonical inclusion is up for debate, as they weren’t all written by the show’s original author, Hajime Isayama.
The only confirmed non-canonical spin-off is Attack on Titan: Junior High, which parodies the show in a slice-of-life school setting.
For the full timeline with all OVAs, you’re going to want to start with the first season. Here’s our recommended watch order list:
- Attack on Titan season one
- Attack on Titan: Ilse’s Notebook (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: The Sudden Visitor: The Torturous Curse of Youth (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Distress (OVA)
- Attack on Titan season two
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: episodes one and two (OVA)
- Attack on Titan season three: episodes one through 12
- Attack on Titan: No Regrets: episodes one and two (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Lost Girls: episode three (OVA)
- Attack on Titan: Junior High (OVA)
- Attack on Titan season three: episodes 13 – end
- Attack on Titan season four, part one
- Attack on Titan Season four, part two