Continuing the ongoing momentum that Gun Media has impressively built with their multiplayer slash-‘em-up sensation, the team has just announced that a bunch of improvements are soon being deployed to help maximize the fun in its Offline Bots mode in Friday the 13th: The Game.
Principally, the AI of the poor, defenseless counselors is being re-hauled in a bid to enhance the game’s challenge. The counselors will receive their very own Perks, choose better hiding spots, and at higher difficulties will even place their own traps.
Here’s the official forum post direct from Gun Media:
Today we’re going to talk about some of the improvements coming to the counselor AI in Friday the 13th: The Game’s Offline Bots game mode:
• AI will now be equipped with Perks that better match the selected difficulty level. Playing on Hard? The counselors might be packing a Perk that starts them out with a defensive item, just like their human counterparts.
• AI will be better at choosing a hiding spot, and what cabins they should enter based on the number of other counselors in the cabin.
• At higher difficulties, counselors will more carefully select and use weapons, especially weighing their chance to stun. They’ll probably ditch that stick for something that packs a bit more punch.
• AI might not be able to appreciate music, but higher difficulty AI will use the radios located in the cabins as a means of distraction.
• Higher difficulty AI can shoot more accurately, place traps, and will attempt to open Jason’s traps with pocket knives.
• They have become better at repairing vehicles and letting friends into a repaired car before they take off, as well as getting back onto the road in case they wreck.
• Counselors will react more realistically to sounds – broken windows, doors, walls – and depending on difficulty and the counselor you snatch up, they may have an easier time of breaking free of Jason’s grasp.
All in all, it sounds like a pretty significant raft of welcome new AI additions. Coupled with the plethora of recently added content too, like improvements to Part VII Jason, new coveralls for Roy and new legendary weapons, Friday The 13th: The Game is becoming a real unstoppable force – very much like the infamous butcher at the heart of the iconic horror franchise.