Cloud City, Jabba’s Palace and the Death Star are the new maps headed to Star Wars Battlefront this year, but that’s not the only new content you have to look forward to in 2016. We’ll get to all of that awesome-sounding stuff in just a minute, but first – EA have a bunch of free content to give gamers. Starting tomorrow, all of the following will be available to everyone without you having to spend a dime.
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on the Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- Create Private Matches
- Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- Overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
In addition to the above, updates in February and March will also be adding new maps for existing planets including Hoth and Endor, which will both support multiple different game modes.
But here’s the super cool stuff that Season Pass holders can look forward to getting over the rest of the year. Of course, each pack will also be available to purchase separately.
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Autumn 2016) – That’s no moon.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – More details to be shared on the expansion pack to be revealed in the coming months.
Will EA let us re-enact the Trench Run in Star Wars Battlefront with the Death Star map? They better. Head’s up though, stay away from the Sarlaac Pit on the Jabba’s Palace map if you’re playing as Boba Fett. Poor guy – he never saw it coming.