More than a month has passed since Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice stormed into theaters, and just about everyone has offered up their two cents on Zack Snyder’s divisive DC juggernaut.
Whether it’s those scathing early reviews or some of the talent attached to Warner Bros.’ cinematic universe – including Jeremy Irons and, more recently, Aquaman director James Wan – Dawn of Justice continues to be a point of contention among comic book fans.
MORE NEWS FROM THE WEB
And though it comes bearing 30 minutes of extra footage and an R-rating, the movie’s cinematographer Larry Fong has cautioned that, if you’ve already formed an opinion on Snyder’s franchise-starter, the release of the Ultimate Edition is unlikely to change those views.
Those of you who are fans, will dig it. If you hated it, you’ll still hate it.
— Larry Fong (@larryfong) June 2, 2016
For an overview of what’s included in that premium package – which features a cut that clocks in at 182 minutes in length – check out the list of bonus features, below.
- Uniting The World’s Finest – Glimpse the future of DC’s bold new cinematic superheroes.
- Gods and Men: A Meeting of Giants – Become a witness to history as you discover how everything in Batman and Superman’s pasts have been leading up to this ultimate, epic showdown.
- The Warrior, The Myth, The Wonder – Explore the origin, evolution and powerful impact on popular culture by the legendary Amazonian Wonder Woman.
- Accelerating Design: The New Batmobile – Batman’s newest ride is sleek, tough, loud, and fast as hell. Host Sal Masekela goes under the hood of the celebrated vehicle, then puts rubber to the road.
- Superman: Complexity & Truth – Experience the transformation as Henry Cavill goes from earnest journalist in glasses and tweeds to a powerful godlike being in a streamlined caped costume.
- Batman: Austerity & Rage – From cape to cowl and from rugged body armor to carefully-tailored suits, Batman’s outer gear perfectly camouflages and expresses the fury that simmers within.
- Wonder Woman: Grace & Power – From her gladiator-influenced costume to her shield and sword, she is the mortal incarnation of a warrior goddess.
- Batcave: Legacy of The Lair – Nature and technology exist side by side in Batman’s breath-taking and modernistic subterranean digs.
- The Might and The Power of A Punch – A dynamic and illustrative look at the power, physics and fascinating details that make the battle between Batman and Superman so formidable.
- The Empire of Luthor – Dive deeper into the inception of an entirely new interpretation of Lex Luthor, including an examination of his storied history in the comics.
- Save the Bats – Learn how the cast and crew gave back to the environment and brought awareness to a very real ecological problem.
Look for Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Ultimate Edition to swoop onto digital platforms on June 28. About a month thereafter, the untainted run of Zack Snyder’s flick emerges on home media in time for July 19.