After the geek community had the wind knocked out of them by yesterday’s trailer reveal for Justice League Dark, many were left wondering when they could get their hands on a copy. Thankfully, our friends at Warner Bros. aren’t keeping us waiting and have since shared the knowledge that their next DC animated film will arrive on January 24, 2017 via Digital HD, with Blu-Ray and DVD releases swiftly following on February 7.
Following in the steps of Batman: The Killing Joke, Justice League Dark will also bear an R-rating. Clocking in at 76 minutes, this showcasing of DC’s most notable supernatural heroes will no doubt thrill the mature crowd.
For more on what to expect, check out detailed synopsis below:
When innocent civilians begin committing unthinkable crimes across Metropolis, Gotham City and beyond, Batman must call upon mystical counterparts to eradicate this demonic threat to the planet. Enter Justice League Dark, reluctantly led by the Hellblazer himself, John Constantine. Like Batman, Constantine is a cunning, often cynical loner who is the best at his chosen profession – but quickly realizes the sinister forces plaguing the planet will require help from other supernatural alliances. Forming a new “league” with sorceress Zatanna, otherworldly Deadman, and Jason Blood and his powerful alter ego Etrigan the Demon, this team of Dark Arts specialists must unravel the mystery of Earth’s supernatural plague and contend with the rising, powerful villainous forces behind the siege – before it’s too late for all of mankind.
Actor Matt Ryan, who set the standard for the role of Constantine on the Warner Bros. live-action television series, returns to the role in animated form alongside Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) as Batman, Camilla Luddington (Grey’s Anatomy) as Zatanna, Nicholas Turturro (NYPD Blue) as Deadman, Ray Chase (Final Fantasy XV videogame) as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross (24, Arrow) as John Stewart/Swamp Thing, Jeremy Davies (Justified) as Ritchie Simpson, Rosario Dawson (Daredevil, Sin City) as Wonder Woman, Jerry O’Connell (Stand By Me, Crossing Jordan) as Superman, Enrico Colantoni (Flashpoint, Veronica Mars) as Felix Faust, and Alfred Molina (The Da Vinci Code, Spider-Man 2) as Destiny.
Justice League Dark is directed by Jay Oliva (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns). Story by J.M. DeMatteis and Ernie Altbacker (Green Lantern: The Animated Series) and teleplay by Ernie Altbacker. Sam Register is Executive Producer. Benjamin Melniker & Michael Uslan (The Dark Knight trilogy) are co-executive producers. James Tucker (Batman Bad Blood, Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders) is Supervising Producer.
Furthermore, the bonus features to be offered have been disclosed. Aside from taking a deeper look at the characters in the feature film, fans won’t want to miss being granted their first look at Teen Titans: The Judas Contract. Originally slated for release in 2008 before being cancelled, this adaptation of the classic comic book story arc has been resurrected and will also hit store shelves in 2017.
Blu-ray™ Deluxe Giftset and Blu-ray™
- A Sneak Peek at Teen Titans: The Judas Contract: An advance look at the next DC Universe Original Movie, Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.
- The Story of Swamp Thing (Featurette): Born out of the imagination of Len Wein and artist Bernie Wrightson, Justice League Dark’s Swamp Thing had his own solo adventures throughout the history of DC. This documentary reveals the rich history of this fan favorite.
- Did You Know?: Constantine origin, Color of Magic, Black Orchid, and Deadman Casting (Featurette): The creators of Justice League Dark will reveal surprising behind-the-scenes tidbits about the characters – and the actors providing their voices – during production of the film.
- 2016 NY Comic Con Panel (Featurette): A look inside Justice League Dark’s panel at New York Comic Con.
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Gods and Monsters
- Sneak Peek at Justice League: Doom
- From the DC Vault – Two Bonus Episodes –
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Dawn of the Dead Man!”Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Trials of the Demon!”
Before going on your way, be sure to take a look below at the box art for Justice League Dark, which is nothing short of gorgeous.
Source: Coming Soon