We already knew that Disney was planning to double dip on the Blu-Ray release for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and now we have the full details on when it will go down and what it will include. Arriving this fall, no doubt in order to drum up excitement for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the 4 disc, 3D Collector’s Edition, will come packing a number of new special features along with the ones we got on the original release.
For a full list of what you’ll get, see below (thanks, Collider).
- Foley: A Sonic Tale – A look at how sound technicians blend action with audio effects in the featurette
- Sounds of the Resistance – Another audio themed doc showing how the sound designers blended real recordings into otherworldly effects in the film.
- Deleted Scenes – While there were a handful of deleted footage on the original Blu-ray, this one promises even more “never-before-shared” scenes.
- Dressing the Galaxy – A look at how wardrobe designs from the original trilogy were retooled by costume designer Michael Kaplan to fit the galaxy three decades later.
- Daisy Ridley and John Boyega share a conversation in The Scavenger and the Stormtrooper, a featurette that was released only on the previous disc as an exclusive at Target stores.
- Inside the Armory – A tour of the various weapons and battle gear in the battle between the Resistance and The First Order.
The 3D Collector’s Edition will be hitting various regions on different dates (for some odd reason), and you can check out the full release schedule below:
- Holland and Sweden, Oct. 31
- Italy and Spain, Nov. 2
- Australia, Nov. 9
- U.S. and Canada, Nov. 15
- Brazil, Nov. 16
- Germany, Nov. 24
So, there you have it. Disney is double dipping on Star Wars: The Force Awakens‘ Blu-Ray release. The only question now, is, whether or not you’ll be indulging for a second time if you’ve already picked up the first one.