Fans of DC animation have much to rejoice over today, as Justice League vs. Teen Titans now has a release date. The next film in the hallowed direct-to-video line will first be made available via digital download on March 29, with the Blu-Ray and DVD editions arriving in stores on April 12. Much online buzz is already surrounding the film, so we can only hope the fine folks at Warner Bros. Animation continue to knock it out of the park. Something tells me they will, though.
Those who elect to purchase the film on Blu-Ray will have much to occupy themselves with, as here’s the full list of special features that will be included.
- An exclusive sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie.
- Featurette – “Growing Up Titan” – The Teen Titans have fascinated readers for over 50 years due in part to their stories of valor, as well as earning empathy with comic book readers during their own trials growing up into adulthood. This documentary spotlights the importance of young voices in the DC Comics mythology, giving generations of readers a team of heroes that mirror their own life experiences.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Raven” – She is the daughter of one of DC Comics’ greatest villains, the demon Trigon. Raven is a powerful telepath who uses her soul-self as a means for astral projection. She is integral to the Teen Titans. This documentary is her story.
- Featurette – “Heroes and Villains – Trigon – The most fearsome and evil opponent the Teen Titans have encountered is this inter-dimensional demon. Trigon uses his immortality to shape worlds and exact his control. This documentary introduces the character and how he raises the stakes for the Teen Titans.
- From the DC Comics Vault – Two Classic Episodes of DC Comics cartoons
Superhero aficionados who plan to purchase the film on DVD should know the only slice of extra content slated to be included is the sneak peek at the next DC Universe Original Movie. Considering that the only remaining movie on the DC animated slate this year is Batman: The Killing Joke, that knowledge should bring a smile to your face.
For initial plot details, be sure to check out the official synopsis below:
Justice League vs. Teen Titans welcomes the Teen Titans to the ever-expanding canon of classic DC Comics characters within the DC Universe Original Movies. When Damian’s over-aggressive tendencies almost destroy a Justice League mission, he is sent to learn teamwork by training alongside the Teen Titans. However, adjusting Damian’s attitude turns out to be the least of the Teen Titans’ troubles as Raven’s satanic, world-conquering father Trigon begins an escape from his inter-dimensional prison. To complete his return, Trigon must have Raven’s assistance – and to accomplish his goal, he spreads his demonic forces across the globe, infiltrating the minds and bodies of the Justice League to do his bidding. To save the universe and prevent a literal hell on Earth, the Teen Titans must rescue – or defeat – the Justice League, and intern Trigon for all eternity.
Source: Comic Book Resources