It wasn’t long before Universal decided to reboot/sequelize their hot property Bourne franchise. Matt Damon and previous director Paul Greengrass expressed their disinterest in the franchise, which meant it was time to pass the buck onto another up-and-comer. Jeremy Renner happened to land the gig and he did a pretty good job playing another emotionless killing machine trained by a secret government organization.
To bad that the rest of The Bourne Legacy was action-less and dull, leading to a very anti-climactic ending that left more than a bad taste in my mouth. Apparently I’m not the only one that disliked it, because our very own Jonathan Lack had some negative things to say about the film in his review:
The Bourne Legacy is the strangest sequel to come out of the Hollywood studio system in a long, long time. A product of shallow studio greed and staggering creative ineptitude, the film sullies an awful lot of the goodwill earned by the original Bourne trilogy.
Universal will be bringing the film to Blu-Ray in a Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack. Here’s a specific list of bonus content found across the discs:
- Enter Aaron Cross
- Crossing Continents: Legacy on Location
- Man vs. Wolf
- Wolf Sequence Test
- Moving Targets: Aaron and Marta
- Capturing Chaos: The Motorbike Chase
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Tony Gilroy, Co-Writer Dan Gilroy, Editor John Gilroy, Director of Photography Robert Elswit, Second Unit Director Dan Bradley and Production Designer Kevin Thompson
- Ultraviolet & Digital Copies
The Bourne Legacy will be available to own on December 11th, 2012.