David Wain‘s Wanderlust, starring Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston, will be coming to Blu-Ray in June.
Though the film received mediocre reviews, it didn’t do much financially. I think part of Wanderlust‘s failure at the box office was from a lot of people just not getting the humor. Director David Wain is usually known for his weird sense of humor and aside from Role Models I’m willing to bet most people don’t even know who he really is. I like whenever he pairs up with Paul Rudd because I think the two really know how to work well together and evoke the best in each other.
Wanderlust is no exception. That being said, it just isn’t the laugh-a-minute film that you’ve come to expect when the two pair up. The film as a whole just doesn’t feel complete. I was expecting something a little better.
In terms of performances, Aniston redeems herself from starring alongside Adam Sandler last year, but Rudd really carries the film, despite some really good supporting roles.
Our very own Benjo Colautti had this to say about the film in his review:
Even if Wanderlust is a bust, Rudd and Aniston will walk away from it with no repercussions as they both perform very well.
The Blu-Ray/DVD/UltraViolet Digital Copy combo pack will come with the following features:
- Commentary with director/writer/producer David Wain, writer/producer Ken Marino, actor/producer Paul Rudd, and impressions by Kevin Pollak
- God Afton! behind-the-scenes featurette
- Penis Envy mockumentary
- The Elysium Campaign skit
- “Elysium” webisode of Wainy Days
- Deleted scenes
- Extended/alternate scenes
- Gag reel
- Line-O-Rama feature
- Blu-ray-exclusive: “Bizarro Cut” of Wanderlust featuring eighty minutes of alternate jokes
Wanderlust will be available to own on June 19th, 2012.