Marvel Studios dropped a brand new trailer today to officially announce the Digital, Blu-ray, and 4K UHD release of Avengers: Endgame.
The Digital version of the film will arrive on July 30th, which is a little over a month away, and will include its own exclusive look at Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter’s relationship. Meanwhile, the physical release of Endgame will follow a couple weeks later on August 13th, and though it won’t contain the “One Last Dance” featurette mentioned above, the disc will reportedly include nearly a dozen of its own behind the scenes extras.
It seems each of the three core Avengers – Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor – will receive their own supplementary feature, from a retrospective look at Chris Evan’s portrayal of Steve Rogers, to the story behind Robert Downey Jr.’s casting process, to a making of segment on Fat Thor – dubbed “Cool Thor” for this release. There will also be an additional look at Black Widow’s journey specifically in this movie and a detailed exploration into the Women of the MCU in general.
MORE FROM THE WEB
The home video release of the fourth Avengers movie will also see six scenes included that were cut from its initial theatrical run. For the time being, we don’t know if any of those deleted scenes will first be seen in the upcoming Endgame re-release, but it sounds like the Stan Lee tribute that’ll play after the credits will also be included on the Blu-ray.
Tell us, will you be picking up the home video release of Avengers: Endgame? Let us know in the comments section and check out the complete list of special features below.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in Avengers: Endgame.