Though 2018 has served up some fine superhero movies thus far, I’ll be honest in saying that Deadpool 2 is my favorite of the bunch. Sure, I’m not exactly a Wade Wilson super fan, but I thought that Ryan Reynolds and company again nailed the right tone and put forth a sequel superior to the original. Again, that’s just me.
That said, you can imagine reading about how The Super Duper Cut is set to arrive on home video next month was a great way to start off my week. And now that Reynolds has let the cat out of the bag, Fox wasted little time letting us know what else we have to look forward to, aside from reliving the Merc with a Mouth’s first live action meeting with the likes of Cable and Domino.
In addition to including both theatrical and extended cuts, True Believers can expect 15 minutes of new footage made up of deleted scenes, alternate jokes, and extended takes. And to be more specific, here’s what else the Blu-ray release will have to offer:
- Gag Reel
- Deleted/Extended Scenes
- Until Your Face Hurts: Alt Takes
- Deadpool’s Lips are Sealed: Secrets and Easter Eggs
- The Most Important X-Force Member
- Deadpool Family Values: Cast of Characters
- David Leitch Not Lynch: Directing DP2
- Roll with the Punches: Action and Stunts
- The Deadpool Prison Experiment
- Chess with Omega Red
- Swole and Sexy
- “3-Minute Monologue”
- Audio Commentary by Ryan Reynolds, David Leitch, Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick (Theatrical Version Only)
- Deadpool’s Fun Sack 2
- Stills (28 Images)
After reading that over, I’d say there’s more than enough supplemental material to make for a fine lazy Saturday or Sunday. And if you happen to be in agreement, be sure to pick up Deadpool 2: The Super Duper Cut on either 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray or DVD when it hits shelves on August 21. Or, if Digital HD is your thing, you can beat the rest of us to the punch on August 7.