When audiences bore witness to The Crimes of Grindelwald, Potterheads the world over were left disappointed by David Yates’ star-studded prequel.
A combination of hokey dialogue and bloated storytelling meant that Fantastic Beasts 2.0 struggled to leave much of an impression with critics and audiences alike, though if you’re wanting to experience a slightly retuned version of the 2018 blockbuster, we bring good news: Warner Bros. has announced plans to release an extended version of Yates’ Potter prequel.
Said to include a full seven minutes of extra footage not seen in the theatrical cut, the super-sized version of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will be available to all when the film zooms onto Blu-ray and DVD on March 12th – four weeks after its initial debut across digital platforms.
And to sweeten the deal, Collider has relayed the list of extras to be included on the Blu-ray:
- J.K. Rowling: A World Revealed
- Wizards on Screen, Fans in Real Life
- Distinctly Dumbledore
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: The Return to Hogwarts
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Newt’s Menagerie
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Credence, Nagini and the Circus Arcanus
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Paris and Place Cachée
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Ministere des Affaires Magiques
- Unlocking Scene Secrets: Grindelwald’s Escape and the Ring of Fire
- Deleted Scenes
MORE FROM THE WEB
There are those who believe The Crimes of Grindelwald exists solely to pad Warner’s five-part prequel saga, which will presumably continue with Fantastic Beasts 3 in the latter stages of 2020. An unforeseen twist was enough to raise question marks over the longevity of Warner’s rapidly expanding franchise, and it remains to be seen whether the series can bounce back with a truly compelling threequel in two years’ time. No pressure, then.
Closer to home, Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald makes a beeline for Blu-ray and DVD on March 12th.