This weekend, Marvel sent fanboys into a frenzy when they released an exciting new featurette for Avengers: Infinity War. Though it didn’t show off any footage, we got some quick interviews with the cast and crew and even a bit of concept art (which you can check out below), all teasing what’s to come. And according to the Russos, what’s to come will be unlike anything we’ve ever seen on film before. Bold words, to be sure, but something tells us they hold some truth.
Before we get to that point though, it’s important to remember that the studio has numerous other projects all coming our way very soon. One of which is Doctor Strange. Yes, Scott Derrickson’s film hit theaters back in November, breaking several box office records in the process, but it’s now getting ready to make its debut on Digital HD and Blu-ray and Marvel is currently preparing for it. They’ve been doing a ton of promotion recently and that continues this weekend with a brand new video, which you can check out above.
While it’s mostly focused on the Sorcerer Supreme’s impressive solo outing, there’s also a tantalizing tease for the rest of Phase 3, which includes a glimpse of the Mad Titan, Thanos, as well as logos for films like Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and, of course, Infinity War. There’s nothing at all revealing here, and it’s really more just a quick sizzle reel to get fans going, but it’s still a nice reminder that Marvel’s going to have a very big year in 2017.
MORE FROM THE WEB
As for the Doctor Strange Blu-ray itself, there’s a whole treasure chest of special features set to be included here that will no doubt keeps fans of the character very happy for quite a while. For the full list, see below:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes:
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
Doctor Strange hits Digital HD on February 14th followed by a Blu-ray release on February 28th. If you’ve yet to do so, be sure to enter our contest below for the chance to win your very own copy!
— We Got This Covered (@wgtc_site) February 10, 2017