Skynet is feeling festive – or as festive as a sentient supercomputer can be.
That’s because the Powers That Be are plotting a 4K re-release of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, James Cameron’s timeless classic that originally pummeled its way into theaters all the way back in ’91. And even now, almost 30 years after its arrival, T2 is still widely considered to be one of the best sequels ever made.
So there’s a real sense of legacy coursing through the digital veins of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and on December 4th (December 26th for those in the States), sci-fi fans will be able to go up close and personal with Cameron’s magnum opus with a never-before-seen documentary. Entitled T2: Reprogramming the Terminator, the 55-minute video essay includes interviews with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Edward Furlong, Robert Patrick (T-1000) and James Cameron himself, who showers praise on the visionary work of Industrial Light & Magic.
It certainly makes for a nice Christmas present, and to ensure Terminator fans have the complete package, Skydance’s soon-to-be-released Blu-ray features a raft of extras to compliment that enticing documentary.
Per Bloody Disgusting:
- “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
- 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
- “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
- Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
- 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
Terminator 2: Judgment Day is released on 4K UHD, 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD on December 4th in the United Kingdom, before Cameron’s hit sequel shoots across the pond in time for December 26th.
Source: Bloody Disgusting