Last week we found out that an extended director’s cut of The Haunting of Hill House is coming exclusively to Blu-Ray soon. The news was enough to get plenty of fans excited, despite the lack of any concrete details. More information about the highly-anticipated release has now been made public though and it’s sure to make those who loved the first season even more eager to get their hands on this edition.
The set will reportedly feature a 3-Disc Blu-ray as well as a 4-Disc DVD that showcases all ten episodes from the beloved series. Most importantly, it will also make three Extended Director’s Cut episodes available for the first time ever. Horror enthusiasts who don’t have Netflix now finally have a chance to enjoy the show, while those who do subscribe to the streaming service can watch it all over again along with never-before-seen content.
The package additionally comes with exclusive commentary by director Mike Flanagan on four of the ten episodes. Here’s the full breakdown of what fans can expect:
- EP 101: Steven Sees a Ghost
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 102: Open Casket
- EP 103: Touch
- EP 104: The Twin Thing
- EP 105: The Bent-Neck Lady
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 106: Two Storms
- Two Storms Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 107: Eulogy
- EP 108: Witness Marks
- EP 109: Screaming Meemies
- EP 110: Silence Lay Steadily
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
That sounds like an awesome slate for anyone who fell in love with the Crain family the first time around or wants to experience their horrifying story for the first time. For those unfamiliar with the series, the first chapter is loosely based on a Shirley Jackson novel of the same name. The upcoming second season, meanwhile, will reassemble some of the main cast from the first batch of episodes in different roles as a new supernatural domain is explored.
The Haunting of Hill House is set to arrive on Blu-Ray and DVD on October 15th, while The Haunting of Bly Manor is set to hit Netflix some time in 2020.