When the first trailer for Justice League vs. The Fatal Five dropped earlier this week, we’d suspected that much more info regarding the next DC Universe animated movie would be right around the corner. Luckily, we and other fans of superheroes in general have now been imparted with much knowledge pertaining to the highly anticipated release.
First off, let it be known that our forecasting for a spring debut was spot-on. In fact, you’ll be able to get your hands on a copy on April 16th when the flick hits shelves via 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack and Blu-ray Combo Pack formats. Or, if you prefer digital, you’ll have your chance to experience the adventure slightly earlier on March 30th.
Before we go any further, let’s check out the official synopsis:
Justice League vs. The Fatal Five finds the Earth’s future hanging in the balance when the Justice League faces a powerful new threat – the Fatal Five. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman seek answers as the time-traveling trio of Mano, Persuader and Tharok terrorize Metropolis in search of budding Green Lantern, Jessica Cruz – whom they need to free remaining Fatal Five members Emerald Empress and Validus in order to carry out their sinister plan. But the Justice League discover an ally from another time in the peculiar Star Boy – brimming with volatile power, could he be the key to thwarting the Fatal Five? An epic battle against ultimate evil awaits!
MORE FROM THE WEB
In case you hadn’t heard, the voices of the Justice League will consist of Kevin Conroy (Batman), George Newbern (Superman), Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman), Kevin Michael Richardson (Mr. Terrific), Diane Guerrero (Green Lantern Jessica Cruz), Elyes Gabel (Star Boy) and Daniela Bobadilla (Miss Martian). That’s an eclectic group, to say the least.
When it comes to bonus features, expect this bad boy to be packed to the brim:
- Battling the Invisible Menace (Featurette)– This featurette will explore the nuanced hero as many characters must deal with the everyday feelings of anxiety, depression, and other incapacitating emotions that we all must battle and overcome.
- Justice League vs. Fatal Five: Unity of Hero (Featurette) – A look at how the pantheon of DC heroes has never been more diverse and inclusive, as writers and artists break boundaries and smash stereotypes.
- Audio Commentary – Bruce Timm, Sam Liu, Jim Krieg and Eric Carrasco share their thoughts and insights on Justice League vs. The Fatal Five.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Batman: Hush – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League Dark – John Constantine leads a group of misfit characters that use magic to vanquish their opponents. This is the dark version of The Justice League taking on the malevolent forces that go beyond our plane of existence.
- Sneak Peek Revisited: A Preview of Justice League vs. Teen Titans – A glimpse into the characters known as the Teen Titans.
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Far From Home”
- From the DC Vault: Legion of Superheroes, “Man of Tomorrow”
Tell us, will you be picking up Justice League vs. The Fatal Five once it arrives in stores? Sound off in the usual place below!