Even though the recently released Venom movie fell well short of my expectations, I’ll concede that it did have its moments. I mean, not only did the titular anti-hero look pretty badass and feature in some cool action scenes, but I can at least say his latest outing on the big screen was better than Spider-Man 3.
Personal feelings aside, one must acknowledge the reality of this flick being a box office powerhouse because it managed to rake in more dough than the mighty Wonder Woman. Perhaps it’s that impressive take which forced Sony’s hand when putting together the Blu-ray release. In other words, Venom arrives on home video just in time to be placed under your Christmas tree.
Of course, you could just pick it up at any store local to you, but it’s worth giving the collectors out there ample heads up. As you would’ve figured, the bigger retailers around have locked down their own exclusive content, some of which have been compiled in the gallery below.
So, as you navigate the slideshow, here’s what you’ll find: Target’s own edition containing a 24-page photo gallery booklet; Walmart’s exclusive housing one sweet action figure that’s probably my favorite of the bunch; Amazon boasting a cover illustrated by artist Marko Manev; and Best Buy once again catering to the steelbook crowd.
MORE FROM THE WEB
As for featurettes, these will be found across all versions:
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes:These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen:A mini-documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action:Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision:A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences:See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek:Meanwhile in another universe…
Venom arrives on Blu-ray on December 18th.